Nomadix Inc., a technology leader in hospitality and multi-tenant industries, today announced its new product line, Nomadix Alerts. This solution includes a smart badge, a cloud-based incident and analytics dashboard, and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. Nomadix Alerts helps safeguard isolated hotel staff from threats and harassment and offers built-in fall detection. The device also monitors, alerts, and reports on the quality and security of the hotel’s Wi-Fi network.
Nomadix will showcase the new solution at HITEC Orlando, June 28-30, 2022, at booth #1617. HITEC attendees are welcome to stop by for a demonstration.
The technology, a natural extension to the full Nomadix suite of hotel internet and guest-facing technologies, is the result of a strategic acquisition. The founder of the acquired company, Benoit Le Gall, now serves as Nomadix’s VP of business development. Benoit brings deep product expertise and proven executive leadership experience in the hospitality industry.
“As the hospitality industry moves closer to recovery, hoteliers must do everything possible to attract and retain employees; that starts with ensuring their safety,” said Tammy Estes, chief product officer, Nomadix. “Nomadix Alerts is the perfect addition to our product portfolio, as we extend our ability to power connected experiences beyond guests to staff. In addition to improving a hotel’s safety standards, Nomadix Alerts leverages network technology to monitor Wi-Fi connectivity to enable properties to maintain consistent connectivity. And the solution brings an added level of employee safety with automatic fall detection – something few, if any, hotel panic button providers offer today.”
The 5-star Jiva Hill resort in France, which has 50 luxury rooms, has been testing the badge’s alert feature. Fabrice Mercier, General Manager said: “Our team feels protected from threats and falls when they’re wearing the device. There is no infrastructure, and the system was installed within minutes, connecting them even in isolated areas including our spa, suites, and stairwells. If an incident were to happen, housekeeping would instantly receive an SMS alert. Now that we’re using the device, we think it’s important to continue to protect our staff.”
Employee Safety is Critical
With hotels now struggling to fully staff, it’s even more important that management demonstrate a protected working environment. Hoteliers committed to the AHLA 5-Star Promise and other global safeguard initiatives are expected to fulfill their commitments by deploying employee notification devices signaling that employee safety is at risk, by the end of 2022. Nomadix Alerts meets this requirement with the added benefit of Wi-Fi analytics to proactively monitor and report on the health of the hotel Wi-Fi network.
- Panic Button: Isolated colleagues in guest rooms, in the spa, at the reception at night, or in other areas, can request help at the press of a button. The badge sends an instant alert and has an embedded geolocator.
- Fall Detection: An alert is triggered without pressing the button if staff are pushed or fall.
- Wi-Fi Analysis Tool: To help hoteliers increase their Wi-Fi QoS, reduce guest complaints, and secure property networks, the badge monitors the health and security of the hotel’s Wi-Fi. The cloud-based dashboard provides details of unexpected interferences, coverage issues, and cyber attacks, with audit logs, performance measurements, consolidated reporting, and real-time alerts.
- Competitive Total Cost of Ownership: Nomadix’s solution puts the intelligence in the button. Hotels can leverage existing technology investments in access points and IoT as location beacons. Further low-cost beacons can be added, leading to a reduced total cost of ownership.
- Complementary Technology: It is complementary to the full Nomadix Networks portfolio of WLAN access points, WLAN controllers, and LAN switches, and works seamlessly with any Wi-Fi setup onsite.
- Compliant & Easy to Use: The solution is easy to install and maintain, and helps hotels deliver on their commitment to protect their employees. Training is straightforward, providing a strong ROI and peace of mind for staff and hoteliers.
Does your company have news it would like to share with our readers? If so, we invite you to review our editorial guidelines and submit your press release for publishing consideration.