Commission-free hotel upselling platform Oaky recently launched the new design of its guest-facing upselling software. The goal of revisiting the interface was to further increase upsell and cross-sell conversions from the current rate of 10.8% and provide an even smoother guest experience.
The redesign of Oaky’s interface is part of the company’s commitment to continuously improving the guest experience, boosting conversions and raising their client’s ROI which currently averages 13.8.
“The art of upselling can be described as being relevant without being intrusive. It’s about finding the perfect combination of delivery and timing. In this exciting release, we’ve analyzed millions of upsell transactions and are proud to unveil our best-converting guest-facing design yet. By adding curated Covid-related offers that are highly relevant in these times, we hope to give our customers a well deserved boost in average revenue per guest as they reopen,” says Erik Tengen, Co-Founder of Oaky.
After extensively A/B testing various designs, Oaky implemented the following changes to
improve upselling and cross-selling conversion rates:
- Implementation of the ‘Upgrades’ and ‘Specials’ tabs to help guests quickly find the type of offer they are looking for
- ‘Recommended’ section is displayed in a separate tab, so hotels can show recommended deals to guests
- Switch from horizontal to vertical scrolling through the offers listed in a tab to create a
more familiar browsing experience for guests
- Improvement of the mobile version’s layout and design to make finding and selecting
deals easier on smaller screens
Apart from its clean, contemporary look, the benefits of Oaky’s new design include the following:
- Increased conversion rate of room upgrades due to prominent placement
- Easier promotion of well-performing deals in the customisable ‘Recommended’ section
- Higher conversion rate among smartphone users due to the more mobile-friendly interface
- Improved guest experience in the app which can be tailored to every brand’s style
Tests have shown that these changes have a positive impact on upselling and deal conversion rates. This news comes at the perfect time as lockdowns ease and travel demand slowly increases in many countries.
Using the freshly revamped platform and following Oaky’s tips on creating bestselling offers and
segmenting guests will help hotels increase the average spend and generate the extra revenue
they need to get back on their feet after the COVID-19 crisis.
Oaky helps hotels maximize profit and enhance the guest experience. To learn more about Oaky’s new design and put it to the test, reach out to the team now and get started with a free 90-day trial.
Does your company have news it would like to share with our readers? If so, we invite you to review our editorial guidelines and submit your press release for publishing consideration.